18 and Pregnant | My Story
Relationship Background
So, I’ll give you a
little background information all the way back to the beginning of my
relationship with my baby daddy. The father of my baby is called Corey
and he's 22 years old. I've been in a relationship with Corey now
for 4 years and 5 months, to be precise. I met my baby daddy through a
family friend. We started to hang out all the time, text each other 24/7
(quite literally) and we became best friends. We connected instantly and
fell in love. I have met my soul mate! How lucky am I? We
moved out together at the start of 2017, and started to rent our first home
together. I was young, but it felt right and something we both
wanted. We have planned to get married and have children; the number of
babies we have will forever be debated. Like most couples, right? That's
a story for another time.
Finding out I was pregnant
I was using the
contraceptive pill, and all I remember is that my period didn't come whilst I
was on my 7 day break of not taking the pill. At this stage, I was
thinking "it's probably just late". I spoke to Corey straight
away about my period being late. I think
a week passed and I still didn’t have my period. I and Corey decided that it was time to buy a
pregnancy test. So, we sat in my bedroom and opened the test we instantly
felt very nervous and anxious. Corey started to read the instructions of how
to use one. My mind just went blank; I didn’t want to know the result
because that’s when the realisation hits.
Corey actually had to tell me how to use a pregnancy test!! Its funny
looking back now because I knew how to use it, but believe me my mind just went
blank. I took the test, and we waited
what seemed like eternity was only 2-3 minutes to see the results. The test came out with one very dark line and
another faint line. I thought maybe its
negative but to be sure I Googled it, because Google is my best friend, and it
said on every page I looked that even if there’s a faint line you’re most
likely to be pregnant. I took another
two pregnancy tests and they both came back POSITIVE.
Realisation of being parents
I fell pregnant 3
weeks before we were due to move in together. We didn't quite plan to
start having children so soon. It all
happened so fast. I panicked. I was thinking what all
teen mums think “how am I going to afford a baby”. A baby needs one hundred and one things like
a pram, steriliser, bottles, food, nappies, wipes the list is endless. I worried about a lot of things that really
didn’t need to be stressed about because now we’re doing great, in my opinion. We’re handling budgeting and adjusting to
parent life the best we can.
How we told our families
When I first found
out I was pregnant I freaked out, the only person that knew was
Corey. I couldn’t even speak to my mum
and she’s my best friend. I was so
worried about what she would say. A few
days went by and I decided to tell my mum because I couldn’t hold it in any
longer. I needed my mum! That day I was feeling very emotional and
petrified. I went over to my mum’s house
to tell her. I can’t even remember where
I was because my mind was solely focused on one thing. I remember sitting on the sofa with my mum
and I just came out with it. I told her
my period is a few weeks late and she knew instantly what I was trying to
say. My Mum said “everything is going to
be ok, have you taken a test?” She was so supportive; I didn’t expect it at
all. My mum was my rock during my
pregnancy she helped me out with everything, whether it was advice about
morning sickness, university or helping me when it came to buying essentials
for my baby. I didn’t realise for one
minute how much support I had around me.
The feelings of
panic very quickly turned to excitement and sheer joy. Becoming a mum is the most amazing feeling in
the world. Here we are now with
our 3 month old baby girl. She is the
most beautiful little thing. I didn’t
know until the day I met her that my life was incomplete and missing a special
part. My baby girl is the best thing in
my life. The love I have for her is
unconditional.
Offering my help
If you’re reading
this and feeling scared about telling your family that you’re pregnant or
worried that you’ll get no support during your pregnancy just remember that
there’s so much more support out there than you initially think. Your family and friends are so much more
understanding as I found out from my experience. However, I do understand that everyone’s
personal situations are different. Trust
me; your baby is the best thing to happen to you regardless of how scared you
might feel right now. I just want to
offer some advice to someone who might be in the same position that I was
in. I do know that I would have loved
some help and advice from someone that was in the same position.
I could write a thesis on my pregnancy story, but you’d
probably get bored! Please pop me a
message if you need any help or advice. I would really appreciate it if you would
leave me a comment with some feedback down below. Thank you so much for reading.
Now We’re Three
Blogger x

Great read
ReplyDeleteThank you x
Delete